Figure 4-4. Pump and Electric Motor Assembly.
(9) To remove pump and engine or pump and motor from base plate first remove four hex bolts,
Iockwashers, flat washers, and hex nuts (figure 4-6).
(10) To change oil in the engine,
remove the four screws, nuts, and washers that hold
the pump and engine base plate in place. Slide the pump and engine assembly out far enough
so the magnetic oil drain plug can be removed. Remove the plug through the base plate hole
and drain the oil into a suitable container. After the oil has drained, replace the magnetic
plug and fill the crankcase with the proper amount of oil (item 3, Appendix E). Slide the
pump and engine assembly back in place and secure in the reverse order of removal.
(1) Install the pump and engine or pump and motor unit on the mounting base (figure 4-4 or 4-5).
(a) Position mounting brackets on the engine and secure each with six screws and
(b) Position the pump and engine or pump and motor unit on the mounting base and secure the
mounting brackets to the base with four screws, Iockwashers, flat washers and nuts.
(2) Ensure that the drain plug is installed in the pump and tightened.
(3) Install the manifold-to-pump inlet hose on the pump inlet and secure by pushing in on the cam