A filter/separator is used for separating both water and solid contaminants from the product being dispensed. A
hose connects the pump unit to the filter/separator.
(1) Open the drain cock and drain the solution into a suitable container.
(2) Open pressure vent valve by depressing it and locking it.
(3) Disconnect the hoses.
(4) Remove six screws, flat washers, Iockwashers, and nuts to detach filter/separator from the A-frame
(5) Remove filter/separator from the A-frame assembly.
(6) To disassemble the filter/separator, remove two carriage bolts, washers and nuts to remove the two
coupling clamp halves and the coupling gasket (figures 4-8 and 4-9).
(7) Remove wingnut and Iockwasher (figure 4-9).
(8) Remove canister retainer and clamp band.
(9) Remove four canisters by turning and pulling upward.
(10) Remove filter elements from canister by holding upside down and tapping firmly at an angle until element
pops out (figure 4-10).