(d) Pull dispensing hose out until it is completely unwound from the reel. Open nozzle and drain
the fuel into a suitable container.
Disconnect hose from reel by pulling out on cam arms.
Remove nozzle from hose by pulling out on cam arms and disconnecting couplings.
Release spring tension on reel by carefully turning the reel backwards nine turns to a neutral
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Drycleaning solvent, P-D-680, used to clean parts is potentially dangerous
to personnel and property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do
not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F
to 138°F (38°C to 59°C).
(1) Clean hoses, couplings, and parts thoroughly using drycleaning solvent (item 1, Appendix E).
(2) Inspect the hoses for abraded areas, cracks, breaks, and other deterioration or defects.
(3) Inspect coupling gaskets for excessive compression and wear.
(4) Inspect couplings
(5) Replace defective
for cracks, breaks, distortion, and other damage.
(1) Install all hoses except dispensing reel hoses as follows:
(a) Position hose on couplings and secure by pushing in on cam arms.
(b) Close drain cock and pressure vent valve on filter/separator.
(2) Install dispensing reel hoses as follows:
When hose reel is under recoil spring tension, be careful not to trip ratchet
when connecting hose as a sudden release of spring tension could cause
(a) Turn hose reel carefully, by hand, nine complete revolutions outward to apply recoil spring
tension. Secure reel to prevent sudden recoil where applicable.
(b) Attach dispensing hose to reel coupling and secure by pushing in on cam arms.