The pump and filter/separator are each equipped with an inlet elbow and outlet elbow. They route the
product into and out of the pump and filter/separator. A tee, to which the filter/separator outlet con-
nects, routes the product to the two hose reels.
(1) Disconnect hoses indicated on figure 4-7.
(2) Remove elbows and tee.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Drycleaning solvent, P-D.680, used to clean parts is potentially dangerous
to personnel and property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do
not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F
to 138°F (38°C to 59°C).
(1) Clean all parts with drycleaning solvent (item 1, Appendix E).
(2) Dry all parts thoroughly.
(3) Inspect the tee and elbows for cracks, breaks, and other damage.
(4) Inspect for worn or broken gaskets,
(5) Replace defective parts.
(1) Install elbows and tee (figure 4-7).
(2) Connect hoses.
Inspect the centrifugal pump for cracks, breaks, wear, evidence of leakage or other damage. Any
discrepancies should be reported to direct support maintenance.