a. General. A static discharge reel is attached to the frame of pumping unit to provide a means of
grounding the tank and pump unit. The ground wire must be clipped to a ground connection near the
tank and pump unit.
(1) Remove arbor nut and cable guide bracket (figure 4-12).
(2) Remove two bolts, flat washers, Iockwashers, and nuts, and remove bracket.
(1) Inspect the outside of the reel for dents, distortion, and other damage.
(2) Inspect the rubber cable stop for torn or broken rubber.
(3) Inspect the connector for broken spring.
(4) Pull out the cable and inspect for frayed, abraded, broken, and rusty areas.
(5) Replace a defective Static Discharge Reel.
(1) Install bracket with two bolts, flat washers, Iockwashers, and nuts (figure 4-12).
(2) Attach bracket and arbor nut.