(1) Clean parts in drycleaning solvent (item 1, Appendix E).
(2) Inspect coupling gaskets for damage or wear.
(3) Inspect the couplings for cracks, breaks, distortion, and other damage.
(4) Inspect the nozzles for cracks, breaks, and other damage.
(5) Replace defective nozzle assembly.
(1) Install nozzles by connecting couplings and close cam arms (figure 4-13).
(2) Open dispensing valves on tanks.
The cam lever assembly operates the dispensing valve which allows the fuel to flow from the tank to
the pumping unit. (Figure 4-14.)
a. Safety Precautions Before Entering Tank.
(1) Personnel will not wear wool,
(2) Clean cotton clothing with no
moved from pockets.
(3) Rubber boots will be worn.
(4) Cotton rags will be used for
nylon, silk, rayon or other similar static electricity generating
metal buttons or fittings will be worn. All contents will be re-
Be sure that tank has
before entering tank.
cleaning. Material that may generate static electricity will not be
been completely drained and thoroughly flushed