(1) Remove manhole cover. (1)
(2) Pull cam lever (2) to CLOSE position and remove dust cap.
(3) Enter tank through manhole opening.
(4) Loosen yoke (4), disengage operating rod (5) from yoke, and remove operating rod.
(5) Outside the tank, remove six nuts (10), Iockwashers (11) and flat washers (12) holding valve (9)
to valve mounting ring (6) and remove valve.
(1) Install valve
assembly (9) and gasket (8) and fasten with flatwashers (12), Iockwashers (11) and
(2) Enter the tank and attach operating rod (5) to yoke and to valve assembly. Tighten yoke.
(3) Replace manhole cover.
Section VI. MAINTENANCE OF TANK ASSEMBLY
This section contains organizational maintenance instructions for the tank assembly, certain parts
The four lifting shackles on each tank are used for both tank lifting and tiedown. Replace shackles as
Remove cotter pins, nuts, flat washers, and screws, and remove lifting shackles (figure 4-15).
b. Inspect for cracks, breaks, rust, corrosion or other damage.
Replace damaged or defective shackles.
d. Install with screws, flat washers, nuts, and cotter pins.