The manifold permits the flow of the product to the suction side of the pump. Two quick-disconnect
couplings provide inlets for the tank suction lines. The product from either or both tanks is conducted to
the pump inlet through the manifold outlet and a suction hose.
(1) Close tank dispensing valves.
(2) Remove four nuts, flat washers, and Iockwashers (figure 4-11).
(3) Remove two U-bolts which hold the
(4) Remove the gaskets from the three
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
manifold to the frame.
Drycleaning solvent, P-D-680, used to clean parts is potentially dangerous
to personnel and property. Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact. Do
not use near open flame or excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100°F
to 138°F (38°C to 59°C).
Clean all parts with drycleaning solvent (item 1, Appendix E). Dry all parts thoroughly.
Inspect the manifold for cracks or other damage.
Inspect for worn or broken gaskets and damaged sealing surfaces.
Replace defective parts.
(1) Install gaskets in three female couplings (figure 4-11).
(2) Attach manifold to frame with U-bolts, lockwashers, flat washers, and nuts.