DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
WASTE WATER EVACUATION TANK TRAILER
63B Light Vehicle Mechanic
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's, Automotive
Engine shut off
Ignition key removed
Emergency stop button pushed in
Emergency brake set
The diesel engine and vacuum pump are mounted on a skid. The skid is removed from the
trailer when the engine and/or vacuum pump must be replaced. Overhead lifting equipment
with a capacity of at least 2,000 pounds is necessary to remove/install the skid with the engine
and vacuum pump on it.
To replace the vacuum pump, proceed as follows:
1. Ensure the battery cable is disconnected at the negative terminal.
2. Remove the oil catch muffler as described and noted in WP 0033 00.
3. Remove the moisture trap as described and noted in WP 0031 00.
6. Remove the equipment tray (tool box side only) as described in WP 0039 00.
7. Remove the wire harness (figure 1, item 1) from the control panel and engine harness (figure 1, item
2). Remove wire harness from engine cable retainers (figure 1, item 3).
8. Separate the lighting harness plug (figure 1, item 4).