14. Remove the drive belt guard from the skid as described in WP 0044 00.
16. Remove the battery cables as described in WP 0034 00. Retain cables.
17. Remove the engine mounting bolts, nuts and flat washers (figure 27, item 1) that secure the engine
(figure 27, item 2) frame to the skid (figure 27, item 3).
Figure 27. Removing Engine Mounting Hardware
The engine is heavy. To prevent injuries, never stand or reach under a
suspended engine. Ensure lifting equipment is of adequate capacity (2,000
pounds) and operator is trained and approved to use the equipment. Have
dunnage ready and in position to set the engine onto.
18. Attach lift hooks to the engine brackets and lift the engine off the skid.
19. Remove the pulley from the engine drive shaft as follows:
a. Remove three bolts and flat washers (figure 28, item 1) that hold the pulley adapter (figure 28,
item 2) to the engine drive shaft.
b. Install bolts removed into the threaded holes (figure 28, item 3) on the face of the pulley adapter