The diesel engine and vacuum pump are mounted on a skid. The skid is removed from the
trailer when the engine and/or vacuum pump must be replaced. Overhead lifting
equipment with a capacity of at least 2,000 pounds is necessary to remove/install the skid
with the engine and vacuum pump installed.
To replace the engine, proceed as follows:
1. Ensure battery cable is disconnected at negative terminal.
2. Remove the oil catch muffler as described in WP 0033 00.
3. Remove the moisture trap as described in WP 0031 00.
5. Remove the equipment tray (toolbox side only) as described in WP 0039 00.
6. Remove the wire harness (figure 22, item 1) from the control panel and engine harness (figure 22,
item 2). Remove wire harness from engine cable retainers (figure 22, item 3).
7. Separate the lighting harness plug (figure 22, item 4).
Figure 22. Control Panel and Lighting Harness