INDEX TO FIGURE 56
(2) Clean, lubricate, and inspect the bearings as
(5) Solder all tubing connections that leak under
(3) Inspect the seal (16) for defects; inspect the
d. Installation Installation of the radiator is the
seal spring for deformation or loss of
reverse of the removal procedure described in a above.
Replace seal if any part is
113. W ater Pump Repair
(4) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks, wear,
a. Removal. Remove the water pump (para 74
stripped threads, or other damage; replace if
b. Disassembly Disassemble the water pump in
order of the index numbers assigned to figure 55.
d. Assembly Assemble the water pump in the
Observe the following special instructions:
reverse order of disassembly. Observe the following
Press the assembled shaft (31)-and
bearings (26 and 28) from the support (10).
(1) Press the bearings (26 and 28) onto the
(2) Press the bearings from the shaft.
(2) Press the assembled shaft and bearings into
Apply pressure to the inner bearing
the support (10). Press the dust seal (25)
races only when removing the
into the support.
bearings from the shaft.
e. Installation Install the water pump (para 74
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts except bearings with an
approved cleaning solvent; dry with clean,
dry compressed air.