are prepared for functional groups and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional group to which the repair part be- longs.
(3) Third. Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the repair
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National stock
number or part number. This index is in ascending NSN sequence followed by a list of part numbers in ascending
alphanumeric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number in the repair parts list.