TM 5-4320-275-13 & P
Section IV. OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS
2-10. OPERATION IN EXTREME COLD
a. Keep entire unit free of ice and snow.
b. Cover unit when not in use.
c. Shelter unit from weather, if possible.
d. Use proper engine oil for cold weather. See LO 5-4320-275-12.
e. Keep fuel tank full to prevent moisture condensation, which can freeze.
f. Check and clean fuel filter before and after operating to prevent an accumulation of
moisture, which can freeze.
(1) Turn shutoff valve in to OFF.
(2) Loosen nut on bail of fuel filter.
(3) Swing bail aside and remove fuel bowl.
(4) Dump fuel from bowl and wipe bowl.
(5) Reposition fuel bowl and bail.
(6) Tighten nut on bail.
(7) Turn shutoff valve out to ON.
g. Drain pump after use to prevent water in pump from freezing.
(1) Remove drain plug from pump bowl.