TM 5-4320-275-13 & P
2-4. INITIAL ADJUSTMENTS
Inspect pump assembly and engine for loose or missing hardware, corrosion, or obvious damage. Report any problems
to organizational maintenance.
2-5. OPERATING PROCEDURE
Selection and Preparation of Pump Site.
(1) Locate the pump on a level surface as close to the liquid supply as possible.
(2) Block the wheels of the pump assembly to prevent the pump from shifting during operation.
(3) When connecting suction hose to pump assembly, the suction lift of the pump must not exceed 25 feet
Use the shortest possible length of suction hose. Suction hose exceeding 20 feet (6.09 m) will
reduce the pump capacity.
(1) Connect the suction hose to the accumulator pipe nipple. Use thread sealant on threaded connections.
Tighten the suction hose with a spanner wrench NSN 5120-00-277-9077.
(2) If more than one length of hose is required, add additional lengths to end of first hose attached to pump.