(1) Clean the metal parts with an approved solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect for damage and defects, replace as necessary.
Refer to figure 4-6. Repeat the removal procedure in reverse sequence.
Two channels welded to the frame support the electric motor and pump. The tubular frame
supports and protects the motor and pump.
(1) Remove power card as per paragraph 4-3.1.
(2) Remove centrifugal pump as per paragraph 4-4.
(3) Remove electric motor as per paragraph 4-3.2.
b. Cleaning and Inspection,
Drycleaning solvent, P-D-680, used to clean parts is potentially dangerous to personnel
and property. Avoid inhalation of fumes and repeated or prolonged skin exposure. Wash
exposed skin thoroughly with soap and water. Use in well ventilated area away from open
flame or excessive heat. Flash point is 100° F (38° C).
Clean the frame with an approved drycleaning solvent.
Inspect frame for cracks or other damage.
Refer to Direct Support Maintenance.
Repeat the removal procedure in reverse sequence.