CRANKSHAFT ASSEMBLY REPLACE/REPAIR (CONT)
(6) If end clearance is less than 0.007 inch (0.18 mm), loosen main bearing capscrews one turn and push
crankshaft toward front and then toward rear of cylinder block.
(7) Retighten main bearing capscrews in accordance with step (d).
(8) Remeasure crankshaft end clearance. The end clearance specifications are given below:
Crankshafts that have been reground on thrust bearing surfaces are marked for oversize thrust
bearings on the rear crankshaft counter weight. If the crankshaft counter weight is marked, check
the thrust ring part number to make sure the correct thrust ring size is used.
Example: F-0.010 = Front 0.010 inch (0.25 mm)
Example: F-0.020 = Rear 0.020 inch (0.51 mm)
If crankshaft end play is more than 0.022 inch (0.56 mm), crankshaft must be removed from engine and replaced
13. Install connecting rod caps in accordance with paragraph 4-16.
14 Install flywheel housing in accordance with paragraph 4-13.
15. Install gear cover in accordance with paragraph 4-14.
16. Install oil pan in accordance with paragraph 3--38.
17. Install engine assembly in accordance with paragraph 3-20.