NOTES for Pumping Assembly Model 609-C:
1. OIL CAN POINTS. Clean and oil lightly with OE/HDO.
2. WHEEL BEARINGS. Refer to TM 10-4320-344-24 for wheel bearing removal, cleaning, lubrication, and
Be careful when draining oil. Hot oil can scald.
3. CRANKCASE OIL DRAIN AND FILL. Drain after operation when hot. To drain, remove plug at bottom of
crankcase sump. After all oil is drained, clean and install plug. Replace oil filter (NOTE 4.). Remove filler cap
from oil filler neck and fill crankcase with 12.5 quarts (11 .82 L) of proper grade OE/HDO. Install filler cap.
Operate engine for 5 minutes and check oil filter for leakage. Check crankcase oil level (NOTE 5).
4. OIL FILTER. Replace oil filter with every crankcase oil change. Remove fitter element, clean seat, and
install new filter element.
5. CRANKCASE OIL LEVEL. Check oil level when engine is stopped. Remove dipstick and check oil level.
Add oil as required to bring level to FULL mark on dipstick. Insert dipstick fully into dipstick opening.
6. BRAKE ACTUATOR. Check brake fluid level. To check level, remove cover from brake master cylinder.
Add fluid as required to bring level to bottom of threads. Install brake master cylinder cover.
7. HANDBRAKE LEVER AND CABLES. Clean and apply a light coating of GAA.
Card 9 of 16