NOTES for Pumping Assembly Model 609-A (continued):
2. WHEEL BEARINGS. Refer to TM 10-4320-344-24 for wheel bearing removal, cleaning, lubrication, and
3. OIL FILTER. Replace oil filter with every crankcase oil change. Remove filter element, clean seat, and
install new filter element.
4. CRANKCASE OIL LEVEL. Check oil level when engine is stopped. Remove dipstick and check oil level.
Add oil as required to bring level to FULL mark on dipstick. Insert dipstick fully into oil filler neck.
Be careful when draining oil. Hot oil can scald.
5. CRANKCASE OIL DRAIN AND FILL. Drain after operation when hot. TO drain, remove plug at bottom of
crankcase sump. After all oil is drained, clean and install plug. Replace oil filter (NOTE 3.). Remove dipstick
from oil filler neck and fill crankcase with 6 quarts (5.7 L) of OE/HDO. Insert dipstick fully into oil filler neck.
Operate engine for 5 minutes and check oil filter for leakage. Check crankcase oil level (NOTE 4).
6. GOVERNOR LINKAGE. Clean and apply a light coat of OE/HDO.
7. HANDBRAKE LEVERS. Clean and apply a light coating of GAA.
Card 5 of 16