The two hose reels have recoil tension springs to wind the 40-foot discharge hoses on the reels.
Maintenance procedures are identical for both hose reels.
(1) Close dispensing valves on tanks by setting cam levers to CLOSE position.
When discharge hose is pulled out, recoil spring is under tension. Be
careful not to trip ratchet when disconnecting hose as sudden release of
spring tension could cause serious injury.
(2) Pull dispensing hoses out until they are completely unwound from reels. Open nozzles and
drain fuel into a suitable container.
(3) Disconnect hoses from reels by pulling out on cam arms.
(4) Release spring tension on reel by carefully turning the reel backwards nine turns to a neutral
Do not disassemble the spring housings. The spring is under tension and
can cause serious injury or even death if disassembled improperly. Repair
of spring housing is by replacement only.
(5) Remove swivel pipe fitting and coupling half (figure 5-8).
Be sure spring recoil tension has been released before removing reel.
(6) Remove two screws, Iockwashers, flat washers, and nuts to remove spring housing (figure 5-9).
(7) Remove four
(8) Remove two
from outer A-frame.
lockwashers, flat washers, nuts, and the hose guide from A-frames.
screws, flat washers, Iockwashers, and nuts to detach tiedown link and retainer