- Support item, excluding support equipment, procured for initial issue or outfitting, and stocked only for
subsequent or additional initial issues or outfittings. Not subject to automatic replenishment.
- Support equipment procured and stocked for initial issue or outfitting to specified maintenance repair activities.
- Support equipment which will not be stocked but which will be centrally procured on demand.
- Item procured and stocked to provide for sustained support for the life of the equipment. It is applied to an item
peculiar to the equipment which, because of probable discontinuance or shutdown of production facilities,
would prove uneconomical to reproduce at a later time.
- An item of a depot overhaul/repair kit and not purchased separately. Depot kit defined as a kit that provides
items required at the time of overhaul or repair.
- An item of a maintenance kit and not purchased separately. Maintenance kit defined as a kit that provides an
item that can be replaced at organizational or intermediate levels of maintenance.
- Item included in both a depot overhaul/repair kit and a maintenance kit.
- Item to be manufactured or fabricated at organizational level.
- Item to be manufactured or fabricated at the direct support maintenance level.
- Item to be manufactured or fabricated at the general support maintenance level.
- Item to be manufactured or fabricated at the depot maintenance level.
- Item to be assembled at organizational level.
- Item to be assembled at direct support maintenance level.
- Item to be assembled at general support maintenance level.
- Item to be assembled at depot maintenance level.
- Item is not procured or stocked because the requirements for the item will result in the replacement of the next
- Item is not procured or stocked. If not available through salvage, requisition.
- Installation drawing, diagram, instruction sheet, field service drawing, that is identified by manufacturer's part
- A support item that is not stocked. When required, item will be procured through normal supply channels.
Cannibalization or salvage may be used as a source of supply for any items coded above
except those coded XA and aircraft support items as restricted by AR 700-42.