ORGANIZATIONAL AND DIRECT SUPPORT
MAINTENANCE REPAIR PARTS AND SPECIAL TOOLS LIST
Section I. INTRODUCTION
This manual lists spares and repair parts; special tools; special test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE),
and other special support equipment required for performance of organizational and direct support maintenance of the
US40CDG pump. It authorizes the requisitioning and issue of spares and repair parts as indicated by the source and
This Repair Parts and Special Tools List is divided into the following sections:
a. Section II. Repair Parts List. A list of spares and repair parts authorized for use in the performance of
maintenance. The list also includes parts which must be removed for replacement of the authorized parts. Parts lists are
composed of functional groups in numeric sequence, with the parts in each group listed in figure and item number
sequence. Bulk materials are listed in NSN sequence.
b. Section III. Special Tools List. A list of special tools, special TMDE, and other special support equipment
authorized for the performance of maintenance.
c. Section IV. National Stock Number and Part Number Index. A list, in National item identification number (NIIN)
sequence, of all National stock numbers (NSN) appearing in the listings, followed by a list in alphameric sequence of all
part numbers appearing in the listings. National stock numbers and part numbers are cross-referenced to each
illustration figure and item number appearance.
C-3. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS
a. Illustration. This column is divided as follows:
(1) Figure Number. Indicates the figure number of the illustration on which the item is shown.
(2) Item Number. The number used to identify item called out in the illustration.
b. Source, Maintenance, and Recoverability (SMR) Codes.
(1) Source Code. Source codes indicate the manner of acquiring support items for maintenance, repair, or
overhaul of end items. Source codes are entered in the first and second positions of the Uniform SMR Code format as
- Item procured and stocked for anticipated or known usage.
- Item procured and stocked for insurance purpose because essentiality dictates that a minimum quantity be
available in the supply system.
- Item procured and stocked and which otherwise would be coded PA except that it is deteriorative in nature.