(3) Snap loose retaining ring (1), drive
remaining coupling half from hub,
attach puller and pull hub (3), seal
(1) Position the coupling halves (5) with
(2), and retaining ring (1) from shaft.
their assembled seals (2) and
retaining rings (1) on the shafts.
b. Disassembly The coupling is partially
Install the keys in the shaft keyways
disassembled during removal.
and tap the hubs (3) onto the shafts.
disassembly, remove the retaining rings (1) and
remove the seals (2) from the hubs (3).
(2) Pull the coupling halves together so
that the bolt holes are alined; secure
with eight bolts (4) and nuts (6).
(1) Scrape all grease from the coupling
W ash all metal parts with an
(1) Disconnect the intake pressure gage
approved cleaning solvent; dry
pressure gage piping (1) from the
(2) Discard the seals (2).
(3) Inspect the hubs (3) and coupling
(2) Remove the eight bolts (4, fig. 43)
halves (5) for cracks, chipped, worn,
and nuts (6) that secure the coupling
or broken gear teeth, or other
damage. Replace the seals and any
Remove the six mounting bolts (6
and 7, fig. 44) that secure the pump +the skid
base; remove the pump.
d. Assembly. Install the seals (2) in the hubs
(3); secure with retaining rings (1). Complete
assembly during installation.