Fuel Tank Lines, and Ftings
(5) Adjust the governor as described in a
a. Draining Fuel Tank Drain the fuel tank (1) by
Fuel Primer Pump
loosening the cap and removing the pipe plug (29).
b. Removal. Fuel lines and fittings are illustrated
in figure 22. Remove the fuel lines by loosening the
coupling nuts at each end of the line and removing any
(1) Disconnect the two fuel lines from the fuel
c. Cleaning and Inspection
primer pump (9).
(2) Remove the knob (1) from the pump.
(1) Clean the fuel lines and fittings by
(3) Remove the nut (15) that secures the
immersing them in an approved solvent.
pump to the bracket on the instrument
Blow through with clean, dry compressed
panel; remove the pump.
(2) Inspect the fuel lines and fittings for
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
cracks, dents, restrictions, clogging, or
damage. Replace defective parts.
(1) Clean the outside of the fuel primer pump
with a cloth dampened in cleaning
d. Fabrication Fabricate replacement fuel lines
solvent; wipe dry. Do not allow solvent to
with a standard copper tubing flaring tool. Make a new
enter the fuel primer pump.
line the same length as the line being replaced and bend
(2) Inspect the fuel primer pump for cracks,
the new line to the shape of the old line.
breaks, or other damage; replace if
e. Installation Installation of the fuel lines and
fittings is the reverse of the removal procedure
described in subparagraph b above. After installation,
c. Installation Installation of the fuel primer pump
test the new lines for leaks.
is the reverse of the removal procedure described in a