Section XVIII. PUMP DISCHARGE MANIFOLD
The purpose of the pump discharge mani-
fold (8) is to provide a multiple connection for
discharge hoses. Two 4-inch gate valves (12)
are mounted on the manifold. Each gate valve
is equipped with a flange adapter (11) and
dust cap (13).
135. Pump Discharge Manifold
Maintenance and Repair
a. Removal and disassembly.
(1) Remove the dust caps (13).
(4) and cap screws (7) securing the
adapters to the gate valves (12), Re-
move the adapters and gaskets (3 and
(4) securing the gate valves (12) to
the discharge manifold (8). Remove
the gate valves and gaskets.
(4) and remove the discharge mani-
fold (8) from discharge elbow (6).
b. Cleaning, inspection, and repair.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Discard all gaskets removed and use
new gaskets for reassembly,
(3) Inspect all hardware for stripped
threads and wear. Replace any part
(4) Inspect the manifold for cracks and
holes. Inspect the manifold flanges
for warpage and cracks, Replace a de-
Gasket and valve seat
Valve assembly check
nance and repair of the gate valves.
(6) Inspect the dust caps for broken
chains, worn cam arms, and cam arm
pins. Replace worn arms and pins.
(7) Inspect the extension pipes for cracks
and damaged threads. Replace a dam-
Gate valve assembly
c. Reassembly and installation. Reverse the
procedure outlined in a above.
Figure 38. Pump discharge manifold, exploded view.