TM 5-4320-200-13 & P
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Thoroughly clean fuel tank.
Drycleaning solvent, P-D-680, used to
clean parts is potentially dangerous to
personnel and property.
of fumes and repeated or prolonged skin
Wash exposed skin thoroughly
with soap and water.
Use in well venti-
lated area away from open flame or
Flash point is 100°F
(2) Clean fuel strainer and cap with approved cleaning
solvent; shake dry.
(3) Inspect for cracks, breaks, or other damage.
(4) Repair cracks and breaks, using approved arc welding
Make sure all gasoline fumes are removed
from tank before starting welding opera-
Fumes in tank can cause a severe
explosion if ignited.
Repeat the removal procedure in reverse sequence.
Fuel Lines, Filter.
(1) Refer to figure 4-2.
Loosen finger nut (1) on yoke (2)
of fuel filter.
Swing yoke upward and remove fuel bowl (3) and unscrew
(2) Disconnect fuel line (5) from tank and fuel filter.
(3) Disconnect fuel filter from engine fuel pump.
Change 4 4-3