TM 5-4320-200-13 & P
Installation or Setting-Up Instructions.
The pump is shipped assembled for operation.
(1) Place pump on a base that is solid and strong enough to
support weight of unit.
Refer to paragraph 1-9 for dimensions of base.
(2) Select a level site where there will be enough space
on all sides for servicing and operation of the unit.
(3) Place pump as close as possible to source of water.
Avoid long suction lifts which reduce pumping efficiency.
(4) Connect hoses to inlet and outlet adapters. Make sure
intake end of inlet hose is connected.
(5) If pump is operated in enclosed area, make certain that
there is proper ventilation and exhaust gases are piped outside.
Never operate pump in enclosed areas unless
exhaust gases are piped outside.
gases contain carbon monoxide, a colorless,
odorless, and poisonous gas, which can cause
serious illness or death.
STARTING THE EQUIPMENT.
Before you operate.
Always keep in mind the
CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS.
Preparation for Startingo
(1) Do the before operation preventive maintenance services
(2) Prime pump as described in figure 2-4, if pump iS not
full of water.
Do not operate pump without priming.
pump dry will damage pump seals and the pump
will not operate.
Do not operate pump for
long periods of time without water flowing