TM 5-4320-200-1 3&P
g. Unit of Measure (U/M), Indicates the standard or basic quantity of the listed item as used in
performing the actual maintenance function. This measure is expressed by a two-character alphabetical
abbreviation (e.g.: ea, in, pr, etc.). When the unit of measure differs from the unit of issue, the lowest
unit of issue that will satisfy the required units of measure will be requisitioned.
h. Quantity Incorporated in Unit. Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown
on the illustration figure, which is prepared for functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly.
A V appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that no specific quantity is applicable,
(e.g., shims spacers, etc).
D-4. Special Information.
a. Usable on codes are shown in the description column. Uncoded items are applicable to all
models. Identifications of the usable codes used in this publication are:
D-5. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Unknown:
(1) Using the table of contents determine the assembly group within which the repair part
belongs. This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for assembly groups, and listings are divided
into the same group.
(2) Find the illustration covering the assembly group to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration figure number and
item number of the repair part.
(4) Using the repair parts listing, find the assembly group to which the repair part belongs
and locate the illustration figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number of Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the
pertinent National stock number or part number. This index is in NIIN sequence followed by a list of
part numbers in alphanumeric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number
in the repair parts list.
Change 5 D-5