When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive
may have a different part number from the number listed.
DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (6)). This column includes the following information:
1. The federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
2. Part numbers of bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line entry to be manufactured or fabricated.
3. Hardness Critical Item (HCI). A support item that provides the equipment with special protection from the electro-
magnetic pulse (EMP) damage during a nuclear attack.
4. The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in column (6) for a given figure in both the
repair parts list and special tools list work packages.
QTY (Column (7)). The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on
the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group or an assembly. A "V" appearing in this
column instead of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and quantity may change from application to application.
EXPLANATION OF CROSS-REFERENCE INDEXES WORK PACKAGES FORMAT AND COLUMNS
1. National Stock Number (NSN) Index Work Package. NSN's in this index are listed in National Item Identification
Number (NIIN) sequence.
STOCK NUMBER Column. This column lists the NSN in NIIN sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of
the NSN. When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first four digits of the NSN. However, the complete
NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number. For example, if the NSN is 5385-01-574-1476, the NIIN
FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures are in
numerical order in the repair parts list and special tools list work packages.
ITEM Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG. column.
This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
2. Part Number (P/N) Index Work Package. Part numbers in this index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence
(vertical arrangement of letter and number combinations which places the first letter or digit of each group in order
A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the part number assigned to the item.
FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in the repair parts list and
special tools list work packages.
ITEM Column. The item number is the number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in the adjacent
figure number column.