DRUM, FABRIC, COLLAPSIBLE, DRINKING WATER,
500 GALLON CAPACITY
PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT
ADMINISTRATIVE STORAGE (45 Days or Less)
Administrative storage shall be in accordance with TM 740-90-1. It covers storage of equipment which can be readied for
mission performance within 24 hours. Before placing the Drum in administrative storage, Preventive Maintenance Checks
and Services (PMCS) (WP 0011) should be performed, all known deficiencies corrected and all current modification work
orders applied. The administrative storage site should provide required protection from the elements and allow access for
visual inspection when applicable.
Drum must be completely dry inside and out for storage to prevent mold
or mildew from growing on the drum. Sickness or death could occur.
1. Place one of the removed coupler valves in a cloth bag for protection.
2. Wipe the inside of the water drum dry with paper towels. Ensure water drum is completely dry.
4. Install one coupler valve (WP 0012) on adapter assembly.
5. With the water drum lying on its side, collapse drum in the middle of the drum by pushing down on the middle of the
6. Fold the end of the water drum without the coupler valve installed to the middle of the drum and cover the end with the
original plastic bag.
7. Open coupler valve installed on water drum.
8. Fold end of water drum to the middle of the drum expelling all the air in the water drum.
9. After all the air is removed from the drum, close the coupler valve and remove coupler valve (WP 0012) from drum.
Place coupler valve in cloth bag. Install dust cap on adapter assembly.