2-4. Operating Procedures.
Filling Tanks Through Bottom Loading Port.
(1) Refer to paragraph 2-3 and perform grounding procedures.
Fire hazard exists when handling fuel. Do not smoke or use
open flame within 50 feet (15.34 meters) of tank and pump unit.
(2) Open manhole latch and fill cap on both tanks.
Tank valve levers must be in off position for
bottom loading. If not in OFF position shut
off system will not function.
(3) Position both tank valve levers in "OFF
(tank valves closed) position.
Manhole fill cap must be open during
bottom loading operation. Failure to
open manhole will cause a pressure
build-up within tanks that could cause
tanks to rupture or explode.
(4) Remove the cover from the bottom
loading port and attach filling pump nozzle to
bottom loading port.
(5) Operate filling pump nozzle to
load fuel. Refer to manual covering nozzle
(6) When filling operation is completed,
disconnect nozzle and install cover
on bottom loading port.
(7) Close and latch both manhole
(8) Disconnect and stow grounding
equipment as explained in paragraph 2-3.