Remove nuts (10), flat washers (11), volute(12) and O-ring packings (13 and 14).
Remove plug (15) from rear of motor (29) and insert flat blade screwdriver to hold motor from turning.
Remove capscrew (16) and washer (17), then withdraw impeller (18) with parts (19 through 24) attached.
Clamp the shaft adapter (24) in a soft jawed vise and unscrew impeller (18). Remove impeller (18), spring seat
(19), spring (20) and shims (21 and 22). Pull seal (23) from shaft adapter (24).
The spring seat and spring are part of the seal assembly.
Remove screws (25) and wear plate (26).
Remove self-sealing screws (27) and separate pump housing (28) from electricmotor (29).
Remove key (30).
Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry cleaning solvent, P-D-680, used to clean parts is potentially
dangerous to personnel and property. Avoid repeated and
prolonged skin contact. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 100 degrees F-138
degrees F (38 degrees C-59 degrees C).
(1) Clean metal parts with dry cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect volute (12), impeller (18) and wear plate (26) for dents, cracks or worn surfaces.
(3) Inspect housing (28) for dents, cracks or other damage.
(4) Inspect studs (31 and 32), inserts (33), plug (34) and bushing (35) for thread damage.
(1) If any of the studs (31, 32) are replaced, the associated inserts (36, 37) shall be extracted and new inserts
(2) Replace any worn or damaged parts.
Install key (30) in motor (29) shaft.
Assemble pump housing (28) to motor (29) and install sealing screws (27).
Install seal (23) on shaft adapter (24) then install adapter on motor shaft.