ORGANIZATIONAL MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF EQUIPMENT
Remove all blocking and tiedown straps securing tank and pump unit to carrier.
Remove tank and pump unit from carrier with a forklift or other suitable device with a lifting capacity of not
less than 2000 Ibs (907 kg). If slings are used, exercise care in placing them around the unit to ensure proper balance
of the load to minimize the danger of the load slipping or damaging the equipment.
4-2. UNPACKING EQUIPMENT.
a. General. Move the unit to the installation site before removing the containers. Remove the containers and
shipping skids from the pumping unit and tanks.
b. Depreservation. Prior to placing the unit in operation, accomplish depreservation in accordance with instruc-
tions outlined in DA Form 2258, (Depreservation Guide of Engineer Equipment).
4-3. INSPECTING AND SERVICING EQUIPMENT.
(1) Inspect identification plates for positive identification of equipment.
(2) Make a thorough inspection of pumping assembly and tanks for damage which may have occurred during
(3) Check equipment against packing list to make certain all items are accounted for and in serviceable
(4) Inspect components for loose or missing mounting hardware and loose connections.
(5) Ensure that all moving engine parts are operating properly.
(6) Inspect engine unit for signs of damage, paying particular attention to gages and ground leads. inspect
pumping unit reels for damage.
(1) Lubricate tank and pump unit in accordance with figure 3-1.