Legend for figure 5-11:
(2) Remove grounding brush front inside of front cover as
(3) Remove cable clip, cable stop assembly and attaching
hardware from ground reel cable.
(4) Remove cable drum and mainspring housing unit from main
(5) Remove nuts, cable drum cover, and mainspring housing
from cable drum.
(6) Remove cable anchor retainer and anchor ball from
(7) Remove scroll lock and attaching hardware, ratchet
wheel, and main shaft.
(8) Remove tension release lever, scroll lock lever,
springs, and attaching hardware from main housing.
Cleaning and Inspection.
Drycleaning solvent normally has a flash point
of either 100 or 138 degrees F, depending-on the
type being used, but may flash at much lower tem-
peratures if contaminated with gasoline or jet
Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact.
Do not use near open flame or excessive heat.
(1) Clean all parts with drycleaning solvent (item 1, App.
F) and dry thoroughly.