(8) Remove wing nut and lockwasher and remove retainer from
(9) Remove four canisters by pulling straight up. Filter
screens and elements are removed by turning and pulling upwards.
Cleaning and Inspection.
Drycleaning solvent normally has a flash point
of either 100 or 138 degrees F, depending on the
type being used, but may flash at much lower tem-
peratures if contaminated with gasoline or jet
Avoid repeated and prolonged skin contact.
Do not use near open flame or excessive heat.
(1) Clean filter/separator in drycleaning solvent (item 1,
(2) Dry thoroughly.
(3) Inspect filter/separator body for distortion, broken
welds, dents and other damage.
(4) Replace or repair, defective filter/separator.
(1) Insert new filter elements into canisters and install
Refer to figure 3-5.
(2) Install canister retainer.
(3) Fasten retainer with lockwasher and wing nut.
(4) Install new coupling gasket, new head, and coupling
halves and fasten with two nuts, flat washers and carriage bolts.
(5) Install filter/separator on the frame and secure with
six screws, flat washers, lockwashers, and nuts.
Refer to figure
(6) Install elbows and connect hoses.
(7) Close draincock. Refer to figure 4-27.
(8) Close pressure vent valve.