4-23. CONVERSION OF GASOLINE ENGINE DRIVEN PUMPING ASSEMBLY TO ELECTRIC MOTOR DRIVEN
a. Equipment Removal
(1) Remove existing suction and discharge hoses from the unit.
(2) Remove existing pump and engine, and attaching hardware from unit.
(3) Remove and dispose of any instruction plate pertaining to the gasoline engine driven pumping assembly
from the unit.
b. Installation of Kit
(1) Remove and retain cable assemblies from the pump assembly.
(3) Assemble tee (4) and coupling halves (5 and 6). Apply antiseize tape to all male pipe threads before
(4) Remove and retain male cam lock plug from front of manifold and install tee assembly (4,5, and 6). Install
gasket and retained male plug into lower coupling half (6).
(5) Install gaskets into female fittings of hose assemblies (7 and 8).
(6) Install 2-inch hose assembly (7) between suction manifold and inlet port on pump.
(7) Install 1½-inch hose assembly (8) between pump discharge and inlet of filter separator.
(8) Install cam lock cap (9) with gasket onto end of manifold fitting.
(9) Reinstall cable assemblies supplied with pump assembly.
(10) Install operating information plate (10) on pump unit frame using the plate as a template, drill 6 mounting
holes using a no. 29 (.136) drill. Attach plate using provided drive screws (11).