24. Align pulleys and adjust drive belt as described in steps 7., through 16., as applicable, under
25. Tighten down the four vacuum pump bolts.
26. Install the pulley guard as described in steps 17., and 18., of WP 0044 00 then connect throttle cable.
To maintain balance of the skid while suspended, it is important to position the rear
lifting chain behind the vacuum pump port.
27. Attach lift hooks (figure 10 item 1) to skid lifting eyes (figure 10 item 2) as shown. Ensure rear lifting
chain (figure 10 item 3) is positioned behind vacuum pump port (figure 10 item 4).
Figure 10. Attaching Lifting Hooks
The engine/vacuum pump skid is heavy. To prevent injuries, never stand or
reach under a suspended skid. Ensure lifting equipment is of adequate
capacity (2,000 pounds) and operator is trained and approved to operate the
28. Lift engine/vacuum pump skid (figure 11, item 1) off the dunnage and set it upon trailer frame so that
mounting holes (figure 11, item 2) are aligned.
29. Install seven bolts, nuts and flat washers (figure 11, item 3), securing the engine/vacuum pump skid
(figure 11, item 1) to the trailer frame (figure 11, item 4).