p. During the bleeding process, replenish the master cylinder reservoir with fresh brake fluid so the
level does not fall below half full, ensuring no air will be drawn into the system.
3. After all brakes have been bled, refill the master cylinder reservoir to three-quarters full before
4. Move the two breakaway locks (figure 10, item 1) out of the way and reposition the breakaway lever
(figure 10, item 2) to the ready position.
5. Place the breakaway locks (figure 11, item 1) into their original position, and reinstall the two rear
bolts (figure 11, item 2) and lockwashers (figure 11, item 3) located on each side of the breakaway
lever (figure 11, item 4).
6. Reinstall the two remaining front bolts (figure 10, item 3).
7. Torque all four bolts between 90 to 120 inch-pounds.
8. Screw the filler cap back into position and replace the cylinder cover. The filler cap can be tightened
Figure 10. Breakaway Locks
Figure 11. Breakaway Lever Mounting Bolts