The spare rim and tire is heavy. To prevent injuries, two people are required
to remove it and replace it from and onto the trailer.
9. Remove the rim and tire from the studs (figure 3, item 4) on the drum (figure 3, item 5).
Figure 3. Lifting the Axle and Removing the Rim and Tire
10. Place new/spare rim and tire onto studs on the drum.
11. Install lug nuts and hand tighten until nut is snug against the rim.
12. Lower the bottle jack to return the axle to the ground and recover it. Store in toolbox.
13. Using the lug wrench, tighten the lug nuts in a star pattern.
14. When spare rim and tire is serviceable, install it onto the bracket and secure with wire lock.
END OF WORK PACKAGE
0038 00-3/(4 Blank)