WASTE WATER VACUUM TANK TRAILER
SAFETY RELIEF VALVE
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's, Automotive (WP
MOS 63B, Light Vehicle Mechanic
Tank empty, at atmospheric pressure
Engine shut off
Ignition key removed
Emergency stop button pushed in
Emergency brake set
Protective clothing and equipment must be worn. A heavy-duty rubber apron,
rubber gloves, respirator, safety splash goggles and/or face shield are
required when potential exists for contact with wastewater or contaminated
surfaces. Wastewater and surfaces may be contaminated with pathogenic
microorganisms, bacteria or viruses, which present a risk of serious illness or
death to personnel. Refer to cleaning and sanitizing procedures in WP 0018
1. Inspect the safety relief valve (figure 1, item 1) for damage, missing, or loose mounting hardware.
2. Replace missing and tighten loose hardware.
1. Ensure isolation valve is open and pressure gage on the oil catch muffler reads zero.
2. Loosen and remove the four hex nuts (figure 1, item 2) from the flange studs (figure 1, item 3).
3. Remove safety relief valve (figure 1, item 1) from flange (figure 1, item 4).