6. Check sight glass (figure 1, item 12) for sediment buildup. Inspect glass for cracks. If sight glass
shows sediment, drain trap as described under SERVICE in this WP. Report a broken sight glass to
Figure 1. Moisture Trap
INSPECT (OIL CATCH MUFFLER)
Inspect the oil catch muffler as described below. Describe any condition that must be reported to unit
maintenance on DA Form 2404.
1. Inspect the oil catch muffler housing (figure 2, item 1) for damage, and secure attachment to the tank
bracket (figure 2, item 2). Report a damaged oil catch muffler housing to unit maintenance. Replace
missing, or tighten loose bracket nuts and bolts (figure 2, item 3).
2. Visually inspect the drain valve (figure 2, item 4) for damage. Report a broken or bent drain valve to
3. Determine the condition and secure attachment of the drain hose (figure 2, item 5). Replace a
missing or damaged drain hose as required.
4. Inspect the condition of the breather hose (figure 2, item 6). Ensure hose clamps (figure 2, item 7)
are tight. Report a damaged breather hose to unit maintenance. Tighten hose clamps as necessary.
5. Ensure oil catch muffler lid (figure 2, item 8) is securely fastened to the housing (figure 2, item 1)
and attaching hardware is in place and tight (figure 2, item 9). Report a loose lid or missing hardware
to unit maintenance.