2. Remove preservative packaging applied to certain components to protect the equipment during
shipping. The unit maintenance technician must check the vacuum pump and diesel engine oil levels
and ensure both are at correct levels before the WWET/T is used. Refer to Preventive Maintenance
Figure 1. Brake Actuator
Figure 2. Lockout Device
3. Open the manway cover (figure 3, item 1) on the tank as described in WP 0022 00. Secure in place
with safety chain.
4. Remove two 2-inch x 20-foot intake (figure 3, item 2), and two 4-inch x 10-foot drain hoses (figure
3, item 3) from inside the tank. Close manway cover
in WP 0022 00.
Only the 4-inch hoses remained connected for storage. Do not connect the 2-inch hoses
together prior to stowage.
5. Drape the drain hoses over the trailer hose hooks (figure 4, item 4), with the two ends resting in the
equipment trays (figure 4, item 5). (Do not connect the chopper tube/wand (figure 4, item 6) to the
intake hoses at this time; store chopper tube/wand in equipment tray)
6. Connect the drain hoses in series and drape over the trailer hose hooks (figure 4, item 4), with the
two ends resting in the equipment trays.