13. Let vacuum build up to 15-inch/vac as indicated on the pressure/vacuum gage (figure 20, item 2).
Figure 20. Vacuum Pump Control and Pressure Gage
14. Open intake valve (SUCTION) hydraulic control knob (figure 21, item 1).
15. Place hydraulic pump selector lever (figure 21, item 2) so it is pointing away from pump handle.
Intake valve must be opened completely to prevent clogging of the valve.
16. Operate hydraulic pump handle (figure 21, item 3) to open intake valve fully.
Maintain a firm grip on the chopper tube/wand while opening the
intake valve. Failure to do so may result in losing control of the hose.
Serious injury may result.
17. Open ball valve (figure 22, item 1) on chopper tube/wand (figure 22, item 2) (handle aligned with