(3) Set fuel cock (1) to OPEN by turning handle to downward position.
(4) Move engine speed control handle (2) to START (downward position).
(5) Slowly pull out recoil starting handle (3) until handle gives resistance, and return handle (3)
to initial position.
(6) Push decompression lever (4) down, and release. Decompression lever (4) will
automatically return to the normal position when the recoil starter (3) is pulled.
Do not allow handle grip to snap back. Return it gently to prevent
damage to the starter.
(7) Hold recoil starter handle (3) firmly, and pull out the handle quickly. Engine will start and go
to maximum operating speed.
If engine does not start on first pull, repeat steps 5, 6, and 7.