4-19. MAINTENANCE OF NOISE ENCLOSURE - (Cont)
(b) Hold electric drill (4) perpendicular to the surface to prevent enlargement or damage to existing
(c) Drill through center of rivet just deep enough to sever rivet head (5) from shank of blind rivet (6).
(d) Remove remainder of rivet (3) with a pin punch.
(e) Deburr rivet hole.
(3) Install blind rivets as follows (Figure 4-6):
(a) Select proper diameter and length of blind rivet (6).
(b) Select appropriate nose piece (7) for hand blind riveter (8) and install nose piece.
(c) Holding hand blind riveter (8) at right angle to work, install riveter (8) on blind rivet stem (9).
(d) Push against work with just enough force to firmly seat blind rivet (6) to prevent part separation.
(e) Actuate riveter (8) and pull blind rivet (6) until blind rivet stem (9) breaks.
(4) Repair of noise enclosure is accomplished by replacement of parts.
(1) Install latches, clips, chains, door holder, and/or door holder bracket with rivets. Refer to paragraph d.
(2) Install panel (33) to side panel access door (31) with rivets (34). Refer to paragraph d.
(3) Install side panel access door (31) with rivets (32). Refer to paragraph d.
(4) Attach end panels (11 and 12) to side panels (18 and 19) by installing rivets (30). Refer to para-
(5) Install corner braces (29) with rivets (28). Refer to paragraph d.
(6) Install roof access door (26) by installing rivets (27). Refer to paragraph d.
(7) Install roof assembly (25) with flat washer (24), bolts (23), flat washers (22) and nuts (21).
INSTALL (Figure 4-5).
Because of the weight and bulk of the noise enclosure, a minimum of two people
are required to remove/install this equipment. Failure to comply with this warning
could result in serious injury to personnel and damage to equipment.
(1) Lift and install noise enclosure on foundation frame (20).
(2) Install side panels (18 and 19) to foundation frame (20) with flat washers (15), bolts (16), bushings (17),
lockwashers (14), and nuts (13).