c. Assembly Instructions. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled from
component spare/repair parts are found in TM10-4320-316-14. Items that make up the assembly are listed immediately
following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
d. Kits. Line item entries for repair parts kits appear in a group in. Section II (see table of contents).
e. Index Numbers. Items which have the word BULK in the figure column will have an index number shown in the
item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part Number Index
Associated Publications. The publication(s) listed below pertain to Pump Assembly and its components:
Operator's and Unit, Direct Support, and General
Support Maintenance Manual
6. HOW TO LOCATE SPARE PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and sub-assembly groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock Number
or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see 4.1(1)). The part
numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see 4.b).
Both indexes cross-
reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then locate
the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
7. ABBREVIATIONS. All abbreviations used in this manual are listed in MIL-STD-12.