Figure 4-15. Configuration of Fuel Injection Pump
Each 0.0039 inch (0.01 mm) added slows timing by one degree. Each 0.0039
Inch (0.01 mm) removed speeds up timing by one degree. Shims are avail-
able in 0.0078 inch (0.2 mm) or 0.0117 inch (0.3 mm) sizes Changes in 0.0039
Inch (1 mm) units can be affected by using combinations of 0.0078 inch (2
mm) and 0.0117 inch (0.3 mm) shims.
(2) Remove fuel injection pump.
(3) Add or remove shims (7) to achieve a timing of 14 degrees, plus or minus 1 degree before top dead
(4) Install fuel injection pump and repeat test.
Fuel Injection Volume Limitation Adjustment
(1) Loosen hex nut (2) and remove pump viewing access plate (3) and gasket (4). (Refer to Figure 4-13)
(2) Adjust speed control lever knob until the control lever pointer lines up with access hole match marks.
(Refer to Figure 4-15)