GEAR COVER ASSEMBLY REPAIR/REPLACE (CONT).
11. If total indicator reading exceeds 0.010 inch (0.25 mm),
remove gear cover and check cover and housing for
nicks or burrs.
12. Remove nicks or burrs and clean cover and housing
13. Repeat gear cover installation and check again with
14. Install front engine support (8) to engine with
capscrews (9). Tighten capscrews to 50 ft-lbs (70 Nm)
15. Release tension on hoist and install capscrews (10)
that secure front engine support (8) to skid.
16. Install four capscrews and washers (11) that secure oil
pan (12) to gear cover(4), hand tight.
17. Tighten one of the oil pan mounting capscrews (11) on
each side of oil pan (12), halfway between front and
rear of oil pan, to 15 ft-lbs (20 Nm) torque.
18. Tighten four oil pan mounting capscrews (11) at rear of
oil pan (12) to 20 ft-lbs (25 Nm) torque in sequence
19. Tighten remaining oil pan mounting capscrews (11)
to 50 ft-lbs (70 Nm) torque in sequence shown.
20. Install camshaft support (13) with shims (14) and 0-ring
(15) as follows.