2-13.5 PRIMING ENGINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM.
Prime oil filters as follows:
The external appearance of the bypass filter (1) and the full flow filter (2) is the same.
The internal differences are different as shown.
(1) Using oil filter wrench, remove the bypass filter (1) and full flow filter (2).
(2) Clean the oil filter head surface.
(3) Use clean engine oil to lubricate the gasket surface of the filters.
(4) Fill filters with clean engine oil.
Mechanical overtightening may distort the threads or damage the filter element seal.
(5) Install the filters on the oil filter head. Tighten the filters until the gasket contacts the filter head surface.
(6) Use oil filter wrench to tighten the filters an additional three-fourths to one (3/4 to 1) turn.