2-59 SHORT TERM STORAGE (30days or less (CONT).
Prepare pump assembly for storage as follows:
(1) Place a suitable catch basin under pump drain plugs.
(2) Remove four pump drain plugs and drain pump. Place a tag indicating pump is preserved.
(3) Protect internal pump surfaces with a coating of preservative oil.
(4) Drain any excess oil from pump.
(5) Place waterproof tape between blind flange and pump flange and then secure blind flange to pump suction
discharge ports with four screws and four nuts.
(6) Place plastic bags with mounting hardware and gaskets in storage box.
(7) Cover all surfaces of pump with protective film and fasten with pressure sensitive tape.
Change engine oil in accordance with lubrication instructions in paragraph 2-36.
Clean air cleaner assembly in accordance with paragraph 2-38.
Remove grounding rod (1) and clamps (2) and store horizontally in front portion of pumping assembly.
Seal all engine openings with tape, strong enough to resist puncture and damage from the expansion of entrapped
For indoor and outdoor storage, cover entire unit with weather cover, tied or weighted to prevent movement